Translate

Apr 20, 2010

As a European-American child of post-1965 America...

 


American Third Position


A Letter from a Young A3P Member: Realization

Posted: 20 Apr 2010 12:04 AM PDT

As a European-American child of post-1965 America, and as a member of the oft-declared "MTV generation", I, as many others in my age group, have been acquainted with one universal "truth" my whole life. That is the "self-evident" strength of diversity and the need for seemingly limitless tolerance. In an age where one could often challenge almost any established orthodoxy – even one's own sexuality – if an individual would even accidentally infer an opinion contrary to the established view on ethnic and cultural diversity, he or she would be met with great social ostracism, humiliation, and, quite frequently, a loss of livelihood. What was more "self-evident" was that I, as European-American kid growing up in the '90's, had different (and more restrictive) social expectations put on me, than that of my Mexican, Asian, or African friends. Indeed, I had many close friends who were of a variety of different ethnic backgrounds. Growing up in Southern California, it was near-unavoidable development and something I openly embraced. I always admired all my friends who could relate and express their ethnic backgrounds freely but also take their share of the American experience as well. As a European-American, I always got the impression from the establishment that we were considered "filler", sort of speak, be it in the classroom, or in the workforce. We were the people with no concrete culture or identity. "Our" leaders, having made the American identity a surreal state of mind, rather than a living breathing community like other nations of people, forced the situation whereby European-Americans, the traditional Americans, were uprooted from their national community. As such, any uniqueness and unity among the nation had been usurped, and those old time Americans now became strangers in their own lands, a nation of individuals lost with no real sense of itself.

Despite all that, I was still at an uneasy peace with the way things were and what was expected of me as a European-American kid. My teachers certainly made the case for the so-called "progressive" society, and the media was all too willing to back their teachings. So why challenge something I had not yet grasped? I had friends of different backgrounds, and they seemingly accepted me, at least as an "American". It was not until around 8th or 9th grade did I start paying particular attention to my surroundings as well as formulate more lucid, free-thinking thoughts on the United States of America.

Coincidentally, my new found political and social lucidity was sparked by my Indian friend's seemingly off-hand, but sharp statement that "only White people can be racist" (which he went on to defend repeatedly). Now, he was a smart, level-headed kid with not a single proverbial chip on his shoulder. I always treated him with great respect. Yet, he was not only comfortable with making that statement in general, he was comfortable saying it to me, a supposed friend. This wasn't the first time I had been faced with racial tension, and, quite frankly, his statements were relatively mild. But for some reason his assertions had stuck with me long after they were made. Maybe because I didn't expect it from that exact friend, or maybe because I had already begun to awaken to the contradictions and blatant hypocrisies in the "progressive" society.

To my increasingly developing sense of social despair, I soon began to realize being an "American" did not give me sufficient community with my neighbors, nor my classmates. Sure, I got along with other people fine, being mindful of what to say and how to say it, but I didn't feel that sense of community I read about in American history, nor the one I witnessed among my Indian, Jewish and Mexican friends. You see, sub-cultures come and go on a whim, even friends come and go depending on life circumstances, but being a member of a ethnic and cultural continuity, one can not simply relinquish in-group status. It is a birth-right whether you want it or not. It is there for you at any time and can only fail when the community itself fails. Strong ethnic and cultural communities are far more defining and purposeful than empty social phenomenons and fashion. Yet, fashion and consumerism continues to be the driving force in the oxymoronic "nation of loaners" that European-Americans find themselves in.

What my friends knew and what many minorities know is that continuity and sweeping epochs are always defined as communities of people. Those with the strongest roots have the strongest bond with their people and are inevitably the more grounded and hardy people. Even in times of war and persecution, those with a strong sense of who they are endure. It doesn't make sense for people to give up on their ethnic and culturally communities, which why the United States has become more divided than ever. The (relative) peace has only been maintained by European-Americans continually laying down their power and prestige for the sake of advancing other peoples — people who often times hate or greatly resent European-Americans.

We've kept quiet in the face of growing intellectual and social injustices that continue to be justified and expanded upon. What happens when we have no more power to bequeath to these other peoples? Will we finally hearken in the new age of equality once the last American institution and last American neighborhood is handed over to the perennial victim-classes? It's way past time for European-Americans to reclaim their heritage and to be not be suckered into believing that they have no culture, or that they have no right to exist as a distinct ethnic group. It's time that we all cast off the shackles of self-censorship and the tyrannical conditioning that our "masters" have spoon-fed us most of our lives. It's a tough road, no doubt, but if we can get enough of us to openly identify anti-White hate, but also publicly reject our haters among the establishment (who are both on the right and left), maybe we can become once again a truly United States of America.

God save these American states!

Related posts:

  1. U.S. – Ours Much Longer? The American republic was founded by a population whose social...
  2. Yet Another Anti-White Column Here is another anti-White column written with the full vitriol...





----

Peace.

Michael Santomauro
Editorial Director
Call anytime: 917-974-6367
ReporterNotebook@Gmail.com

http://www.DebatingTheHolocaust.com

Amazon's: DEBATING THE HOLOCAUST: A New Look At Both Sides by Thomas Dalton

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Welcome to Mom Connection! Share stories, news and more with moms like you.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: