Translate

Mar 6, 2011

JTA: Actor Charlie Sheen says he is Jewish

 

JTA: The Global News Service of the Jewish People


Actor Sheen says he is Jewish

March 6, 2011


LOS ANGELES (JTA) --Actor Charlie Sheen, who has been accused of anti-Semitism, claims that he is a Jew and proud of it.

During a morning phone call to the Access Hollywood Live show March 4, Sheen told hosts Billy Bush and Kit Hoover, "My mom [actress Janet Templeton] is Jewish. Here's where it gets confusing – we don't know who her father was.

"But she is, in fact, Jewish. So, I guess that would make me Jewish, and my children Jewish. And Brooke [Mueller], my ex-wife, is Jewish. So, I guess I should have rolled that out too."

A perplexed Bush told Sheen, "You're getting accused of anti-Semitic remarks – you might want to say, 'By the way, I'm Jewish!"

Sheen responded, "I know, I know – stupid me. I just got caught sleeping. Caught napping. Which is rare for me. Anyho…..But, I'm proud of it. There you have it."

Sheen, 45, star of the hit TV comedy "Two and a Half Men," which has been suspended for the rest of this season and may be cancelled, is accustomed to controversy. 

Last month, he lashed out at the Anti-Defamation League, which charged that Sheen exhibited "borderline anti-Semitism" in referring to his producer, Chuck Lorre, by his Hebrew name Chaim Levine.

Sheen, whose birth name is Carlos Irwin Estevez, has a long history of drug and alcohol abuse

 During Friday's call-in, Sheen also announced that he and actor Sean Penn would travel to Haiti in support of Penn's relief effort for the earthquake-stricken country.
  



--


Thank you and remember: 

Peace is patriotic!

Michael Santomauro
253 W. 72nd Street
New York, NY 10023

Call anytime: 917-974-6367

E-mail me anything:
ReporterNotebook@Gmail.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: